SCA owns a fleet of 31 multi type tugs ranging from 3200 HP to 16000 HP used for towing, salvage, firefighting and berthing of ships such as :
Ocean-going multipurpose tugs "Baraka1 & Ezzat Adel"
- The most powerful in the Middle East with continuous bollard pull rated 160 tons and speed : 17.5 knot.
- Length : 69.2 m, Beam :15.5 m, Depth : 7.4 m, and Draught : 6.4 m.
- Total dead weight capacity : 2320 tons , Deck area : 434 m2 with a strength of 15 t/m2.
- Four diesel engines :each 3990 HP at 600 rpm, Marine range : 6000 nautical miles.
- Equipped with two fire fighting pumps delivering 3600 m3/hr for each and two water monitors remotely controlled from the wheel house ( 150 m height above sea level and 193 m trajectory ).
- Equipped with a 200 m3 tank, so they can participate in antipollution and lightering operations.
- They carried out many successful towing operations in the high sea for oil rigs, floating docks, ships, barges and oil derricks.
Lightering vessels "Nagda1 and Nagda2"
- These vessels are used for lightering, bunkering water supply and carrying containers.
- Oil carrying capacity : 3045 tons and fresh water capacity : 1000 tons.
- Length : 87 m, Beam : 15.5 m and Depth : 4 m.
- Container carrying capacity : 56 TEU.
- Two engines each 1125 HP at 1000 rpm and speed : 10 knot.
Salvage and fire fighting "Salam 5 ,6 ,7 ,8 & 9"
- Modern, newly built and fully equipped tug.
- Used for salvage, fire fighting, mooring and escorting of large tankers and other services.
- The tug is highly maneuverable for operation in harbours and escorting
- Equipped with 2*2500 HP diesel engine and Voith-Schnider propeller.
Open sea towage, escort and fire fighting "Mosaed1"
- Newly built on 2010 with bollard pull 70 tons and speed 13.4 knots.
- Length :30.25m ,Beam :11.75m ,Depth :5.28m ,Draught :5.84(including Skeg and thruster).
- Equiped with two main engines 2720HP eath at 1600 rpm .
- Equiped with two fire fighting pumps each delivering 1400 m3/hr at 12.5 bar.
- Used for towing ,escorting ,fire fighting and berthing ships.
- The other tugs are used as salvage, escort and fire fighting at the Suez Canal.
- They are also used for berthing ships at the waiting areas and harbours.
Suez Canal Tugs Fleet