Port-Said Shipyard has a foundry that produces copper alloy and grey cast iron components as well as zinc blocks and specialty alloys; like babbitt bearing alloys, and it is equipped with the following:
1. Electrical induction furnaces for metals melting and casting (grey cast iron – copper – zinc) of various capacities as follows:
- 2-ton copper melting furnaces; and-
- 2-ton cast iron melting furnaces;
- 500-kg zinc melting furnaces.
2. Spectrum analysis equipment for metals to ensure quality as well as the chemical structure of castings and material.
Port-Said Shipyard also has a forging workshop that manufactures steel forged steel, and is equipped with furnaces and forging hammers of the following capacities:
- Heating furnaces up to 1200° C.
- Hammers of capacities ranging from 500 kg to 1 ton.